Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 tilapia fillets (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon marinade for chicken
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup lump crabmeat, drained
- 4 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- Sprinkle tilapia with pepper and salt. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the celery, onion and garlic in 2 teaspoons butter until tender. Stir in flour and thyme until blended. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the lemon juice, marinade for chicken and hot pepper sauce.
- Remove from the heat; stir in mayonnaise until blended. Stir in crab and 3 tablespoons bread crumbs. Spoon onto fillets. Toss remaining bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over crab mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 18 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Lea & Perrins Marinade for Chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 248 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 106mg cholesterol, 618mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 23, 2014
This has been one of our favourites for a while now. I use king crab flavoured pollock instead of lump crab meat. Absolutely delicious.
Dec 26, 2011
This has become one of our favorite dishes. It is light & delicious!
Sep 28, 2011
This was a delicious way to dress up simple tilapia - tastes just like a crab-topped fish that is served at one of our popular local restaurants! This recipe will definitely be added to my family's favorites!
Nov 21, 2009
This recipe is delicious!! We also make it with shrimp in place of crab.
Oct 31, 2009
I've made this many times. My husband and I both love it!
Aug 25, 2009
My family loves this recipe. We eat every bite!
Feb 24, 2008
This was a major hit with my two teenagers, one they've requested again and again!