- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Dash nutmeg
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash white pepper
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar or shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pound cod, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Stir in the flour, bouillon, nutmeg, cayenne and white pepper until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheddar cheese until melted; set aside.
- Place spinach in an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Arrange fish on spinach; sprinkle with salt. Spoon sauce over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika; bake 5 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
1 serving: 307 calories, 16g fat, 108mg cholesterol, 860mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.