Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 6 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic-herb seasoning blend
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook spinach in 4 teaspoons oil until wilted; drain. Meanwhile, place tilapia in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with lime juice and remaining oil. Sprinkle with seasoning blend.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta cheese and spinach; spoon over fillets. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 249 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 122mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Jan 12, 2015
My husband just loved this. It's not my favorite but I'll make it again.
Dec 15, 2012
This was fast and easy to prepare but very bland.
Nov 25, 2012
As said easy recipe to become create with.....Made this many times....I use frozen spinach with the water squeezed out, add Feta cheese and this evening I am going to add grape tomatoes
Sep 30, 2011
This was good. I found that the spinach was a bit oily cooked with 4 tsp of oil. When I make this again I will cut the oil and add more seasonings. We found it to be a bit bland. I served it with carrots and mashed butternut squash.
Aug 3, 2011
Outstanding! Even my anti healthy-food men gave this a thumbs up.
Mar 31, 2011
Enjoyed this very much! I did tweak the recipe using lemon rather than lime juic, cajun seasoning and gruyere cheese both in the spinach mixture and on top. A good recipe to be creative with!
Dec 16, 2010
Very very good! I didn't have garlic herb seasoning on hand so I just used Italian seasoning instead and it turned out great. I also sprinkled some italian seasoning and garlic powder into the ricotta mix. Was so good! My DH has been on a spinach kick so I think this recipe will become a fav!
Oct 19, 2010
i started this diet and trye it not knwing what i was gettin into beeing this is a first with bake fish ...but overall it was very tasty and deliteful allat the same time and i was very satisfied.....
Jun 21, 2010
This was scrumptious and quick! Next time I'm going to add a small amount of fresh mushrooms.
Apr 28, 2010
I LOVE fish! This recipe is off the hook.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.