Steamed Tilapia in Wine Sauce
I developed this recipe while working at a local winery. It's fast and easy to prepare and became an instant classic at my house. I use a lively dry pear wine in the sauce and recommend avoiding those that are sweet or semi-sweet. —Tenneille Brewer, Fayette, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 pound fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle fillets with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place each fillet on one side of a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18x12-in. rectangle). Top with peas, chives and butter. Drizzle with wine; sprinkle with the remaining salt and pepper. Fold foil around fish and peas, sealing tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Spoon juices over fish and peas. Serve with rice.