Grilled Tilapia with Pineapple Salsa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes8 servings (2 cups salsa)
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine pineapple, green onions, green pepper, cilantro, 4 teaspoons lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt and cayenne. Refrigerate until serving.
- Mix oil and remaining lime juice; drizzle over fillets. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill fish, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 1/4 cup salsa : 131 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 30, 2018
A nice, simple dish. Very light. The pineapple added flavor.
Jan 20, 2017
I thought this was okay but not great. I was that it had more flavor.
May 17, 2014
it looks so delicious i will try it
Aug 22, 2010
The fish goes nicely with this light salsa. I left out the cayenne to make it for my kids. Excellent dish. Grilling the tilapia outside left no fish smell in my house which was a nice bonus.
Jan 28, 2010
I made tilapia dish for my family last night and they loved it.
Nov 20, 2009
I love this one. It's simple and light, yet very delicious. Pineapple was on sale at the grocery story yesterday. I immediatly thought of this recipe. I can't use the outside grill now but I broiled the fish in the oven and topped with the salsa and it was just as great as it was in the summer. I served over couscous. Yum!