Tomato-Herb Grilled Tilapia
Trust me: This super tilapia with ginger and lemon takes dinner over the top with minimal prep. Grilling the fish in foil is about as easy as it gets. —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt, divided
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn (about 8 ounces), thawed
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- Place the first six ingredients in a food processor; add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pulse until mixture is finely chopped.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes and corn; stir in 1 tablespoon herb mixture and remaining salt.
- Place each fillet on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12-in. square). Top with herb mixture; spoon tomato mixture alongside fish. Fold foil around fish and vegetables, sealing tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 270 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 443mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Foil Grilled Tilapia with Lemon and Fresh Herbs in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.