Tilapia & Lemon Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a shallow bowl, combine 1/4 cup flour and salt. Dip fillets in flour mixture.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fillets in 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat until fish just begins to flake with a fork, 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Stir in remaining flour until smooth; gradually add the broth, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in parsley. Serve fish and sauce with rice; garnish with almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 1/2 cup rice and 4 teaspoons sauce: 334 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 586mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 fat.
Mar 16, 2018
We loved this! I added some dried tarragon to the sauce as I felt it needed a little something more. Served it with wild rice blend cooked in chicken stock and a little lemon juice and broccoli. As per comments below, I made extra sauce and was glad I did. YUM! Will put this in the fish rotation!
Nov 3, 2016
My family loved the fish and sauce. Didn't have almonds but will try next time. Even used gluten free flour. Served with the Vegetable Trio as pictured.
Aug 28, 2016
Fish is really good but there wasn't enough sauce. I would double that next time and add a little more liquid. It thickens pretty quickly and doesn't pour.
Feb 6, 2016
The fish was good - the sauce not so much. I made it with white cooking wine, which ruined the taste. I'll try chicken broth next time.
Jul 29, 2015
Really good! My kids even are it - without the sauce. Great with some rice and vegetables.
Feb 28, 2015
This turned out very good. Maybe a little more lemon next time. The toasted almonds were a nice touch. Will be making this again.
Mar 11, 2014
This recipe was not only excellent tasting, it was so easy to prepare. My husband said he could eat this anytime! I made this on a Tuesday and since it is Lent, he may get it again on Friday!
May 9, 2013
Excellent! I used thyme in place of parsely, and used Kentucky Kernal Seasoned flour (doubled) and two cans of chicken broth. This is now my favorite fish dish!
Apr 2, 2012
Not usually a big fish person, but this recipe is great.The tilapia doesn't have a strong fishy taste. This recipe is a favorite of our family.
Mar 18, 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.