Tilapia with Cucumber Relish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped radishes
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small bowl, combine cucumber and radishes. In another small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper and sugar. Pour over cucumber mixture; toss to coat evenly. Combine paprika and remaining salt and pepper; sprinkle over fillets.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, melt butter. Add fish; cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with cucumber relish.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 1/4 cup relish: 181 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 27, 2012
We seriously love this recipe! It's become my favorite way to prepare tilapia and it's so simple to make. Even my 5 and 2 year old boys love it!
Oct 5, 2011
We loved it! We made extra cucumberAnd radish with the vinegar and had it instead of rice.