Catfish with Lemon/Butter Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds catfish fillets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 16 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon slices or wedges, optional
- Additional parsley, optional
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook mushrooms and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add broth or wine, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add catfish, simmer, uncovered, for 6 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. (Butter sauce will be thin.) Serve over spaghetti. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with lemon and parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 379 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 668mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 22, 2017
Nov 9, 2015
Apr 9, 2015
The family really took to this. I made it exactly per the recipe, but any kind of fish that would hold together when cooked, like shellfish would be great, too. It comes alive with the Parmesan cheese, so don't skimp on this ingredient.
Dec 8, 2010
I was a bit nervous trying this recipe as I haven't had success with many fish dishes in the past. I was very much surprised with how tasty this dish is; felt like I was at Red Lobster! I used frozen tilapia filets that I had on hand instead of the catfish. A "keeper".