Lemony Grilled Salmon Fillets with Dill Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes4 servings (3/4 cup sauce)
- 2 medium lemons
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- LEMON-DILL SAUCE:
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 3 lemon slices, quartered
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried chervil
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Trim both ends from each lemon; cut lemons into thick slices. Grill salmon and lemon slices, covered, over high heat on an oiled grill rack or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and lemons are lightly browned.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, water and lemon juice; add butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in quartered lemon slices and seasonings. Serve with salmon and grilled lemon slices.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with 3 tablespoons sauce: 320 calories, 20g fat (6g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 266mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 2, 2019
Didn’t have much time, so cooked salmon in microwave
Dec 2, 2017
Light and fresh! A keeper for sure.
Jun 3, 2014
I am confused .. do you add the grilled lemons to the sauce? whole? squeezed? quartered lemon slices? this recipe needs some serious editing! ok.. maybe its me I didn't see the quartered sliced in the ingredients the first time. but do you really just add lemon slices to the sauce?
Aug 14, 2013
This is the best Salmon recipe I have tried. Every time I make it my husband tells me it's better than any restaurant!!!
Jul 5, 2013
Very tasty and quick. Did not have salmon to use but halibut from our fishing trip to Alaska. And it was very tasty. and best of all quick and easy.
Jul 4, 2013
I think freda needs to slow down on the wine.
Jul 3, 2013
No idea where the 'cornstarch' comes from????Rest is GOOD EATS! Camp fire, fresh caught Salmon or Steelhead. The Ladies are sipping white wine, the guys Single Malts. Great Red Potato salad and sides at a 'Pot Luck' in the Campground."To sleep, penchant to dream." Until 0330 and 'Sig-I-Fined,' and I'm sure other's are rolling over as you get get your clothing on. You are out of your collective FIXKING MINDS!
Apr 27, 2012
Salmon is always excellent, but I was looking for a way to spice it up. The flavor of the grilled lemons and salmon is good, but the sauce is what makes the dish. The lemon and dill come through, and its so fresh and light tasting. My family enjoyed it, and so it will be made again.