Brown Sugar-Glazed Salmon
- 1 salmon fillet (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°. Cut salmon into four portions; place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast 10 minutes. Remove from oven; preheat broiler.
- 2. In a small saucepan, mix remaining ingredients; bring just to a boil. Brush over salmon. Broil 6 in. from heat until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 1-2 minutes.
3 ounces cooked fish: 225 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 491mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Mar 7, 2018
Love salmon fixed this way. May cover last of baking time ,caramelized sugar tends to burn. Always serve with rice/wild rice and green vegetable.
Dec 31, 1969
Delicious flavor & most tender salmon I've ever made. & I have made A LOT of salmon.
Sep 9, 2017
Made this tonight for dinner and my husband, who dislikes salmon, said it was good and wouldn't mind having it again!
Jun 14, 2017
I loved this sauce! I will definitely be making this recipe again! It's quick and tasty and the whole family loved it!
May 1, 2017
This recipe is phenomenal! This time around I subbed 1/2 butter 1/2 coconut oil. I used spicy brown mustard because the Dijon was empty. This recipe easily doubles for a larger crowd.
Apr 28, 2017
I followed recipe exactly! Salmon got beautiful, yummy, caramelization on it. Delicious!
Feb 24, 2017
New to appreciation of fish. This is fantastic! Fresh salmon (from Empire Fish which I am certain enhanced this) but I am a @hard sell" and this was awesome!!!!!
Feb 20, 2017
Great flavor, quick and easy to make. Husband isn't the biggest fish lover but he did like this. I'll be making this again.
May 12, 2015
Made this tonight. It was a big hit! :-)
May 7, 2015
Wonderful! Super simple and delicious.