Fish with Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds sole or haddock or grouper
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast bread cubes in butter until golden brown; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add fish, one fillet at a time; shake to coat.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Slowly pour milk over fillets. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Spoon sour cream over fillets. Top with the reserved bread cubes. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 509 calories, 29g fat (18g saturated fat), 141mg cholesterol, 869mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 30, 2018
This was my go-to fish recipe for several years after the recipe was first published. It was something that the kids would eat without complaining. Looking forward to making it again tonight.