Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 10 bacon strips
- 10 large sea scallops
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place bacon in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes or until partially cooked and lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Wrap each strip of bacon around a scallop; secure with toothpicks. In a saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat; about 8 minutes. Stir in the mustard, syrup and salt. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the scallops on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-12 minutes or until firm and opaque. Serve with the cream sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 365 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Aug 14, 2016
Fantastic! The Dijon/maple combination have me pause, but I went ahead and followed the recipe exactly. What a surprising flavor! This was a hit. I'll definitely be doing it again!
Jan 21, 2011
My family really enjoys the bacon wrapped scallops. For something different make a dipping sauce with mayo and worsterchester sauce. Yum.
Oct 21, 2010
This is an excellent recipe. Delicious, fast & easy to prepare. Served it a number of times for company.Everyone loves it. SOOoooo GOOD.
Aug 9, 2009
my family LOVES this sauce. we use it for other seafood dishes as well.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.