Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Cream Sauce
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 10 bacon strips
- 10 large sea scallops
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place bacon in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 7-10 minutes or until partially cooked and lightly browned. Drain on paper towels.
- Wrap each strip of bacon around a scallop; secure with toothpicks. In a saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat; about 8 minutes. Stir in the mustard, syrup and salt. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the scallops on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-12 minutes or until firm and opaque. Serve with the cream sauce.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 365 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 614mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 14, 2016
Fantastic! The Dijon/maple combination have me pause, but I went ahead and followed the recipe exactly. What a surprising flavor! This was a hit. I'll definitely be doing it again!
Jan 21, 2011
My family really enjoys the bacon wrapped scallops. For something different make a dipping sauce with mayo and worsterchester sauce. Yum.
Oct 21, 2010
This is an excellent recipe. Delicious, fast & easy to prepare. Served it a number of times for company.Everyone loves it. SOOoooo GOOD.
Aug 9, 2009
my family LOVES this sauce. we use it for other seafood dishes as well.