Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 10 bacon strips
- 20 large fresh basil leaves
- 20 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled goat cheese
- Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise; set aside. Wrap a basil leaf around each shrimp. Wrap a piece of bacon around each; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Brush with barbecue sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2-4 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 40 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 25, 2012
Fantastic! We'll be making this again.We had no basil leaves, so it was omitted this time - still turned out great!
Dec 20, 2011
Excellent recipe. However, I struggle with the crumbled blue cheese. I'm not sure it's entirely necessary.
Dec 17, 2010
This is how I impress my mother in law. Barbecue sauce that I use is famous daves rich and sassy and devils spit. I replace the goat cheese with fetta cheese. Cook time seems a little longer. You will want more than 20. Enjoy!