Shrimp Wrapped in Bacon
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 10 bacon strips
- 20 large fresh basil leaves
- 20 uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled goat cheese
- Cut each bacon strip in half widthwise; set aside. Wrap a basil leaf around each shrimp. Wrap a piece of bacon around each; secure with wooden toothpicks.
- Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
- Brush with barbecue sauce; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2-4 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 40 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 25, 2012
Fantastic! We'll be making this again.We had no basil leaves, so it was omitted this time - still turned out great!
Dec 20, 2011
Excellent recipe. However, I struggle with the crumbled blue cheese. I'm not sure it's entirely necessary.
Dec 17, 2010
This is how I impress my mother in law. Barbecue sauce that I use is famous daves rich and sassy and devils spit. I replace the goat cheese with fetta cheese. Cook time seems a little longer. You will want more than 20. Enjoy!