Sea Scallops and Fettuccine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 sea scallops (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper, garlic, lemon zest and pepper flakes; cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in broth, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Cut each scallop horizontally in half; add to skillet. Cook, covered, 4-5 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque, stirring occasionally. Serve with fettuccine. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 421 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 861mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 6, 2016
Used spaghetti squash instead of fettuccine, really good. Love it!
Nov 15, 2015
Awesome recipe! I was never a big fettuccine fan until this dish. It's light with sensational flavor.
Dec 24, 2010
This was an excellent, healthy pasta recipe. We really liked the little kick that the crushed red peppers gave it. It wasn't too hot, just flavorful. Simple and satisfying!
May 16, 2008
This was a great "light" recipe! I added some imitation crab flakes to it as well.