Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Broil: 5 min.
- 30 uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 15 bacon strips, halved crosswise
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, toss shrimp with 4 tablespoons dressing; let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Top each shrimp with a jalapeno slice and wrap with a bacon strip; secure with a toothpick. Place on a greased rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with remaining dressing after turning.
- Discard toothpicks before serving.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 34 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 20, 2017
This recipe is almost the same as one in my hot air fryer cookbook. I have made it several times in my fryer and it's really fantastic. Mine just uses a small cube of monterrey jack cheese with a slice of pepper and a shrimp,wrapped in bacon.instead of the dressing used here. It's less messy and easier,and tastes great! I will try Karen's idea of using prosciutto too! Great party snack food and you can make ahead and cook when ready.
Nov 13, 2015
Dec 30, 2013
Instead of bacon, I use prosciutto. It is thinner providing for a tighter wrap. Also, less greasy! This appetizer is awesome!
Dec 27, 2013
This sounds really good! & best of all, I have all the ingredients on hand! I'll probably skip the Jalapenos, though, sprinkle with a bit of pepper & add pineapple!
Dec 2, 2012
I added a piece of sliced water chestnut. The "crunch" added extra to this base.I also left some jalapeno membrane on some of the pieces-wow!
Sep 11, 2012
How can you go wrong with shrimp and bacon. I love the idea of adding a slice of jalapeno to it, wonderful!!!! I love making appetizers and this is just another one that I will add to my recipe files. Thank you!!
Feb 16, 2011
really good flavor-kind of messy to prepare
Dec 21, 2010
Can these be frozen?