Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Broil: 5 min.
- 30 uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons creamy Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 15 bacon strips, halved crosswise
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- Preheat broiler. In a large bowl, toss shrimp with 4 tablespoons dressing; let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- Remove shrimp from marinade; discard marinade. Top each shrimp with a jalapeno slice and wrap with a bacon strip; secure with a toothpick. Place on a greased rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil 4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, basting frequently with remaining dressing after turning.
- Discard toothpicks before serving.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 34 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat.
Aug 20, 2017
This recipe is almost the same as one in my hot air fryer cookbook. I have made it several times in my fryer and it's really fantastic. Mine just uses a small cube of monterrey jack cheese with a slice of pepper and a shrimp,wrapped in bacon.instead of the dressing used here. It's less messy and easier,and tastes great! I will try Karen's idea of using prosciutto too! Great party snack food and you can make ahead and cook when ready.
Nov 13, 2015
Dec 30, 2013
Instead of bacon, I use prosciutto. It is thinner providing for a tighter wrap. Also, less greasy! This appetizer is awesome!
Dec 27, 2013
This sounds really good! & best of all, I have all the ingredients on hand! I'll probably skip the Jalapenos, though, sprinkle with a bit of pepper & add pineapple!
Dec 2, 2012
I added a piece of sliced water chestnut. The "crunch" added extra to this base.I also left some jalapeno membrane on some of the pieces-wow!
Sep 11, 2012
How can you go wrong with shrimp and bacon. I love the idea of adding a slice of jalapeno to it, wonderful!!!! I love making appetizers and this is just another one that I will add to my recipe files. Thank you!!
Feb 16, 2011
really good flavor-kind of messy to prepare
Dec 21, 2010
Can these be frozen?