Ranch Dressing and Dip Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DRESSING:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DIP:
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: about 6 tablespoons mix (enough to make 6 batches).
- To prepare dressing: In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon mix with mayonnaise and buttermilk; refrigerate. Yield: 2 cups.
- To prepare dip: In a bowl, combine 1 tablespoon mix and sour cream; refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 tablespoon dip: 252 calories, 26g fat (6g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 1, 2018
This is the kind of recipe that you keep on hand, because you never know when friends will stop by. Ranch is my favorite when watching tv or a movie.
Jan 1, 2017
This is really tasty. Fun to make a homemade version!
Sep 1, 2016
I will never have to buy premade dressing again. This is a perfect Ranch.I read the previews and decided to omit the Paprika. YUM
Aug 31, 2016
I made this as gifts for friends and I have received several comments on how delicious it is. I really liked, but it does not taste exactly like the original ranch dressing. I think it is because of the paprika so you could use less of the paprika to achieve the flavor of your choice. Fun gift and quick and easy to do. Volunteer Field Editor
Sep 22, 2015
I add the herbs to organic heavy whipping cream to substitute for Buttermilk Ranch Dressing so it's kosher. Very tasty & easy.
Jun 2, 2014
Feb 2, 2014
Doesn't taste like ranch, but it's pretty good anyway.
Nov 30, 2013
Made this for the Dip. Having the mix on hand is handy. This as a very nice flavour as previous poster says. Had many compliments on the taste. I plan on always having this mix on hand.
Jul 21, 2013
This recipe has a more southwestern flavor to it than a traditional ranch, but the dressing had the tang and zest you would expect from a good ranch sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.