Homemade Ranch Dressing Mix
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
Makes16 servings per batch
- 1/3 cup buttermilk blend powder
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR SALAD DRESSING:
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 cup plus 6 tablespoons buttermilk
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DIP:
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- Combine the first five ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 4 batches (about 3/4 cup).
- For salad dressing: In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, buttermilk and 3 tablespoons mix. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: about 2 cups.
- For dip: In a small bowl, combine sour cream and 3 tablespoons mix. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with assorted crackers and fresh vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 62 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 219mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 1, 2010
This is very healthful and versatile-good to have on hand for a quick dip or dressing. Could use on baked potato, or with the addition of vinegar and sugar could go on slaw. Take the mayo and buttermilk proportions as suggestions, use more or less of either or use yogurt. Quick, convenient, tastes good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.