Homemade Ranch Dressing and Dip Mix
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makes1 cup dressing or 2 cups dip per batch
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried minced chives
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR SALAD DRESSING (for each batch):
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR DIP (for each batch):
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- Mix seasonings until well blended. Transfer to an airtight container. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. Shake to redistribute seasonings before using. Yield: 4 batches dressing or 2 batches dip (about 4 tablespoons mix).
To prepare salad dressing: Whisk together mayonnaise, buttermilk and 1 tablespoon mix. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour before serving.
To prepare dip: Mix mayonnaise, sour cream and 2 tablespoons mix until blended. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons dressing: 108 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
1/4 cup dip: 262 calories, 27 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Nov 23, 2019
This is a good mix. I made it as dip, but haven't tried it yet as salad dressing. Good flavor. It was a little "spicy", so I may reduce the amounts of garlic powder and lemon-pepper seasoning the next time I make it. I plan to make this as gifts for friends for Christmas. Thanks, Joan, for the recipe.
Feb 9, 2014
I had no ranch dressing in the house, so used this recipe. It didn't disappoint, great flavor and I had all the ingredients on hand.
Oct 17, 2013
Trying this now! I make my buffalo chicken dip with chicken breasts that I cook in the crock pot with beer and usually a packet of the name-brand ranch dip mix. I love the idea of making my own mix to help control the sodium levels! So far the house smells great!!
Feb 12, 2013
Way to spice for dressing. Kept adding mayo (probably 2 cups) and buttermilk (about 1 cup) to make more consistent with typical ranch dressing.
Dec 19, 2011
Yummm! So easy and delicious. My sister and I decided to do homeade gifts this year for Christmas, she will definetly be receiving this!