Low-Fat Ranch Dressing
"No one will believe this creamy, fresh tasting dressing is low in fat," conveys field editor Connie Simon of Reed City, Michigan. "It has wonderful traditional ranch flavor."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a bowl, combine oil, vinegar, sweetener and marjoram. Whisk in buttermilk, yogurt and mayonnaise. Stir in onion, parsley and garlic. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight to thicken. whisk before serving. serve over salad greens and vegetables of your choice. Refrigerate leftover dressing.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 30 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Low-Fat Ranch Dressing in Taste of Home December/January 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.