Special Scallop Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 sea scallops (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced chives
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add scallops; sear 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and firm. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- In same pan, combine chives, vinegar, garlic, tarragon, honey, mustard and remaining oil. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 30 seconds.
- Divide greens, carrots and tomato among four plates; top with scallops. Drizzle with dressing; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 247 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 821mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Mar 23, 2015
OUTSTANDING...EVEN MY HARD TO PLEASE HUSBAND LICKED THE PLATE.
Oct 21, 2010
I really enjoyed this. My husband didn't like it as much as I did, but thought the salad went really well with the scallops.
Jun 27, 2010
This recipe was absolutely delicious. The flavors blended beautifully. Sea scallops were just too expensive, so I used precooked shrimp, which I had in the freezer. I prepared the ingredients for the sauce early in the day and cooked it per the recipe, adding the shrimp just long enough to heat through, and served it as a complete meal with french bread on a 100+ degree afternoon.
Jun 19, 2010
This recipe was so delicious! I love that you could serve it as an appetizer or increase the recipe and serve it as a meal.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.