Seared Scallops with Citrus Herb Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 pound sea scallops
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add scallops; sear for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and firm. Remove from the skillet; keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean if necessary. Saute garlic in remaining butter until tender; stir in sherry. Cook until liquid is almost evaporated; stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve with scallops.
Nutrition Facts3 scallops with 1-1/2 teaspoons sauce: 314 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 691mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 10, 2019
1/10/19 : we had scallops left over from our Christmas Eve seven fishes dinner and I had searched for something” different”, an easy, creative way to use them...this was perfect, so easy and my husband loved the flavor profile! I seared the scallops well but tried not to overcook and they came out perfect. I will make this often! I served them w wild rice and buttery garlic green beans .
Aug 26, 2015
I have never cooked scallops until today. They turned out delicious, but were a bit hard. I wonder if I cooked them too long. The taste was delicious though.
Jan 29, 2012
Delicious and so easy to make.
Jan 3, 2012
I made this last night for my boyfriend and I along with the Shiitake & Butternut Risotto. I'm not a big fan of sea food and I thought it was delicious. Next time I will probably tone down the lemon because I'm not a big fan. Otherwise Perfect.
Nov 30, 2011