Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 4 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the pepper, onions and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add scallops, salt and pepper flakes; cook for 4 minutes. Add lime juice and zest; cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add orange sections and cilantro; cook 2 minutes longer or until scallops are opaque. Serve with rice or pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without rice or pasta): 240 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 26, 2017
This was delicious. The only thing heavy about it was the pasta and we opted for angel hair. I would recommend prepping all ingredients beforehand, as the cooking times per the directions are spot on. Pleasantly spicy! My husband says he'd "pay for this at a restaurant!" so we will definitely prepare this again. Thank you!