Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium green or sweet red pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 4 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked rice or pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the pepper, onions and garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add scallops, salt and pepper flakes; cook for 4 minutes. Add lime juice and zest; cook for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add orange sections and cilantro; cook 2 minutes longer or until scallops are opaque. Serve with rice or pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without rice or pasta): 240 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 fruit.
Jul 26, 2017
This was delicious. The only thing heavy about it was the pasta and we opted for angel hair. I would recommend prepping all ingredients beforehand, as the cooking times per the directions are spot on. Pleasantly spicy! My husband says he'd "pay for this at a restaurant!" so we will definitely prepare this again. Thank you!