Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen sea scallops, thawed and halved
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- In a nonstick skillet, combine 4 tablespoons water, wine or broth, garlic, salt, tarragon and pepper. Bring to a boil; add scallops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until scallops are opaque. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese.
- Return scallops to the pan; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Meanwhile, place the spinach and remaining water in a microwave-safe dish; cook on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until slightly wilted. Drain well. Serve scallop mixture over warm spinach.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 219 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 733mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.
Dec 23, 2014
This was very easy to make. I added a little garlic, too.
May 24, 2012
This was simple and delicious. The cream sauce was yummy and I love the scallops and spinach together!
Mar 9, 2011
Was very delicious and easy to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.