Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound veal cutlets or boneless skinless chicken breasts, flattened to 1/4-inch thickness
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Marsala wine
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, and pepper. In another shallow bowl, lightly beat the egg. Dip veal in egg, then coat with flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown veal in oil on both sides. Stir in the mushrooms, broth and wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and meat is no longer pink. Serve with spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 395 calories, 27g fat (7g saturated fat), 180mg cholesterol, 697mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 12, 2014
I should have paid attention to the one review. I put chopped green onion for garnish, at least that added some colour.
Jan 1, 2010
I was very disappointed. I usually follow a different, but similar recipe for this but thought I would try something different. The problem is leaving the breaded cutlets in the pan when adding the broth. When they simmer, the pretty, golden crust becomes a soggy mess in the bottom of the pan. If you use this recipe, cut the broth down to about 1/3 or so cups and remove the veal cutlets from the pan before adding it and jmust cook the mushrooms in the broth.