Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen bay scallops, thawed
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Toss scallops in flour mixture, a few at a time, and place into two greased 6 to 8-oz. baking dishes. Top each with half the cream, butter and bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 18-20 minutes or until scallops are opaque and topping is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 224 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 553mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 12, 2013
This was a very tasty dish. The scallops came out very tender. I added a pinch of dill weed to the bread crumb topping and baked the whole recipe in one small baking dish.
Feb 20, 2011
This was a very easy and quick recipe for scallops. I really liked the way they turned out. Very tasty, I will use this recipe again.