Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen bay scallops, thawed
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Toss scallops in flour mixture, a few at a time, and place into two greased 6 to 8-oz. baking dishes. Top each with half the cream, butter and bread crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 18-20 minutes or until scallops are opaque and topping is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 224 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 553mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
May 12, 2013
This was a very tasty dish. The scallops came out very tender. I added a pinch of dill weed to the bread crumb topping and baked the whole recipe in one small baking dish.
Feb 20, 2011
This was a very easy and quick recipe for scallops. I really liked the way they turned out. Very tasty, I will use this recipe again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.