I never liked seafood until my husband urged me to try scallops, and now I love them. With the crunchy breading, my air-fryer scallops are the best you'll ever have. —Martina Preston, Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 sea scallops (about 3/4 pound), patted dry
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Butter-flavored cooking spray
- Preheat air fryer to 400°. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat egg. In another bowl, toss potato flakes, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. In a third bowl, toss scallops with flour to coat lightly. Dip in egg, then in potato mixture, patting to adhere.
- Arrange scallops in a single layer on greased tray in air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Turn; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until breading is golden brown and scallops are firm and opaque, 3-4 minutes longer.
Test Kitchen tip