Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces sea scallops
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup vermouth or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in oil until tender. Add the scallops, parsley and basil; cook and stir over medium heat until scallops are firm and opaque. Add the vermouth or broth, salt and pepper; cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 1 minute.
- Divide mixture evenly between two ovenproof 1-1/2-cup dishes. Sprinkle with bread crumbs; dot with butter. Broil 4-6 in. from heat until scallops are firm and opaque and bread crumbs are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 296 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 very lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Nov 15, 2015
I've been looking for a good scallop recipe for awhile now--I finally found one! I used bay scallops, since that was all I could find. Also, since I too feared the breadcrumbs would get soggy, I reduced the sauce with fresh lemon juice & drizzled over the finished dish.
Dec 8, 2014
These were moist and delicious. I changed it using dried herbs which I had in the house. Also didn't use any onions. Put some grated Parmesan cheese on top. Loved it!
Mar 13, 2012
A little bland, could use more spices.
Mar 3, 2012
My husband and I both really liked this! Yummy!
Mar 31, 2011
I used scallop pieces since they were on sale. Since I was worried that the bread crumbs would get soggy, I put just the scallops into a 9" pie plate and topped with the bread crumbs. I then added a little bit of lemon juice and reduced the sauce while the scallops broiled, and then we each spooned on the sauce as desired. Yum.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.