Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 ounces sea scallops
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup vermouth or chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onions and garlic in oil until tender. Add the scallops, parsley and basil; cook and stir over medium heat until scallops are firm and opaque. Add the vermouth or broth, salt and pepper; cook, uncovered, over medium-low heat for 1 minute.
- Divide mixture evenly between two ovenproof 1-1/2-cup dishes. Sprinkle with bread crumbs; dot with butter. Broil 4-6 in. from heat until scallops are firm and opaque and bread crumbs are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 296 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 very lean meat, 2 fat, 1 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 15, 2015
I've been looking for a good scallop recipe for awhile now--I finally found one! I used bay scallops, since that was all I could find. Also, since I too feared the breadcrumbs would get soggy, I reduced the sauce with fresh lemon juice & drizzled over the finished dish.
Dec 8, 2014
These were moist and delicious. I changed it using dried herbs which I had in the house. Also didn't use any onions. Put some grated Parmesan cheese on top. Loved it!
Mar 13, 2012
A little bland, could use more spices.
Mar 3, 2012
My husband and I both really liked this! Yummy!
Mar 31, 2011
I used scallop pieces since they were on sale. Since I was worried that the bread crumbs would get soggy, I put just the scallops into a 9" pie plate and topped with the bread crumbs. I then added a little bit of lemon juice and reduced the sauce while the scallops broiled, and then we each spooned on the sauce as desired. Yum.