- 5 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen sea scallops, thawed and halved
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, combine 4 tablespoons water, wine or broth, garlic, salt, tarragon and pepper. Bring to a boil; add scallops. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until scallops are opaque. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine flour and milk until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese.
- 3. Return scallops to the pan; cook for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Meanwhile, place the spinach and remaining water in a microwave-safe dish; cook on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until slightly wilted. Drain well. Serve scallop mixture over warm spinach.
1 cup: 219 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 733mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.
Dec 23, 2014
This was very easy to make. I added a little garlic, too.
May 24, 2012
This was simple and delicious. The cream sauce was yummy and I love the scallops and spinach together!
Mar 9, 2011
Was very delicious and easy to make.