Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 pound flounder fillets
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Sprinkle spinach in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with fillets.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg until blended. Gradually add milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Pour over fillets; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 253 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Feb 15, 2020
Wonderful Valentines dinner!! Delish! Added garlic and Old bay seasoning to the sauce.
Sep 5, 2019
It was delicious but needed more salt and less rue.
Jan 30, 2015
So delicious and quick. Even the kids loved it.
Jan 21, 2015
Saw a review that said it was bland so I added a little more spices, some smoked sea salt and old bay with garlic. Since I love nutmeg in these types of dishes I added a wee bit more. I used fresh spinach and topped it off with some bottled artichokes that I had in the pantry. This was outstanding!!! I would definitely make this again!!
Sep 11, 2014
I made a double batch of this and brought some over to my parents. Very simple and delicious. Melts in your mouth. This is a keeper. Will make again and again. I did add one slice of American cheese to the sauce.
Aug 14, 2013
I was disappointed. I read all the great reviews and found it very bland. Usually I have better luck with these recipes!
Apr 21, 2013
This is so good - I made it twice in a week! Layered asparagus spears on top of the flounder - so yummy!
Mar 16, 2013
i am trying to introduce fish into the family diet. I was looking for a different type of fish in the market, but came home with this instead. I didn't have the frozen spinach, but a bag of fresh. So we made the fish as directed, and made a spinach salad on the side! It was quick, simple, and every one cleaned their plates. Thanks for yet another simple meal!! :)
Jan 22, 2013
Very good, simple and easy. Definitely doesn't taste "healthy."Thank you!
Jan 18, 2013
I did change it up a bit. First I used fresh halibut. I seasoned it and the spinach with salt and pepper.The onions I sweated with garlic. For the topping I used fresh grated parmesan and Hot paprika for a kick!Wonderful!