Creamy Spinach Stuffed Flounder
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese, divided
- 4 flounder or sole fillets (3 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine spinach and 3/4 cup cream cheese. Spoon onto each fillet; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine milk, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining cream cheese. Microwave on high 30-60 seconds; stir until smooth. Spoon over fish.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 285 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Jul 24, 2011
Recipe was great, I added a little fresh Parm to the sauce and the spinach then reduced the cream cheese and it tasted great and was a bit lighter.
May 9, 2011
I loved this even without the sauce!
Mar 22, 2011
My husband and 1.5 yr old loved it. I thought the cream cheese was too heavy. Maybe try cutting back to 4-6 oz instead.
Dec 9, 2009
Easy to make, and a hit with my 1 year old. My husband would have preferred it without the sauce on top. I, however, loved the sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.