Scallops add interest to this mild tomato-based stovetop supper. Try serving the saucy mixture over rice or angel hair pasta, and garnish with cilantro if you'd like. —Stephany Gocobacki, San Rafuel, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound sea scallops, halved
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked pasta or rice, optional
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry onion and garlic in hot oil until tender. Add scallops; stir-fry until scallops turn opaque. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until heated through, 1-2 minutes longer.
- Stir in lemon juice and pepper. Serve over pasta or rice if desired.