Scallops add interest to this mild tomato-based stovetop supper. Try serving the saucy mixture over rice or angel hair pasta, and garnish with cilantro if you like. —Stephany Gocobacki, San Rafuel, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound sea scallops, halved
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked pasta or rice, optional
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry onion and garlic in hot oil until tender. Add scallops; stir-fry until scallops turn opaque. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until heated through, 1-2 minutes longer.
- Stir in lemon juice and pepper. Serve over pasta or rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 213 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 672mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Stir-Fried Scallops in Light & Tasty October/November 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.