Scallop and Potato Saute
I make this special seafood dish for the holidays to treat myself.—Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 small red potatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 pound bay scallops
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Lemon slice or wedge, optional
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook potatoes in 1 tablespoon oil until golden brown and tender, about 12 minutes. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, heat remaining oil. Cook and stir scallops for 2 minutes. Add garlic and lemon juice; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- Add parsley, salt and pepper. Return potatoes to pan; heat through. Serve with lemon if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 415 calories, 28g fat (4g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Scallop and Potato Saute in Taste of Home December/January 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.