Skillet Scalloped Potatoes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound small red potatoes, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add potatoes and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth, cream, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; cook, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 269 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
May 7, 2019
Excellent!!!!! Also added some ham.
Apr 28, 2018
The best Skillet scalloped potatoes ever!! I added slices of ham .
Jul 15, 2017
Good but took way longer to cook through, about 20 minutes longer than suggested. Unlike a couple other reviews mine thickened up nicely. It could have been because it cooked longer or I may have used more potato. I used about 4 medium red potatoes.
Jun 21, 2017
This tasted good but as one other review stated, I ended up with way to much liquid. It needs something to thicken up the broth/half and half. I used amounts listed in the recipe, just too wet.
Sep 11, 2016
I made this as written, except that I added ham also. My kids said that it was the best ham and scalloped potatoes that I have made!
Apr 11, 2016
Made this tonight. I added chopped fresh spinach while cooking then added green onion on top while melting the cheese. Was delicious and will definitely make again!
Sep 13, 2014
Tastes good, but there is way too much liquid. I thought it would cook down, but didn't; I also thought that maybe it would thicken as it cooled, but it didn't do that either. I'll have to play with the recipe to get it to the right consistency. The potatoes were perfectly tender though.
Sep 2, 2014
Quick and easy. I did not have red potatoes but used 3 medium russets and it turned out fine. Will definitely make again.
May 5, 2014