Make-Ahead Scalloped Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 1 hour 50 min. + cooling
Makesabout 20 servings
- 8 pounds potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2-2/3 cups whole milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes, layer potatoes and onions. Combine the flour, soup and milk until blended; pour over each baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; cool for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before reheating. Bake at 325° for 30-40 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 192 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
May 14, 2013
Bumped into this recipe looking for something different to make/take to husband's family reunion. Looks fairly easy to make and delicious.
Apr 17, 2012
This recipe is delicious and very easy to make. It is comfort food and the recipe can feed a crowd. I halved the ingredients and it easily fed 10. I served it with ham and everyone loved it. I used 1% milk and low sodium soup. Great!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.