Old-Fashioned Scalloped Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3-1/2 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sliced peeled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt 3 teaspoons of butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Place half of the potatoes in a greased 2-cup baking dish; top with the onion and half of the sauce. Layer with remaining potatoes and sauce. Dot with remaining butter. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 30-40 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 396 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 823mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 31, 2014
loved this one. it has a great old fashnioned tasted that we loved
May 1, 2013
This is the second time making these Scalloped Potatoes, the last time I added ham, this time I browned some pork chops. These Scallped Potatoes are sooo creamy and delicious. I was telling my sister about them and tonight I am making them again. Very easy to make and very good to eat. This recipe is going in the Recipe Box.