Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 10 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven or large kettle; cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in a bowl; mash. Add sour cream, cream cheese, 4 tablespoons butter, onion and salt; stir until smooth and the cream cheese and butter are melted. Spread in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Melt the remaining butter; drizzle over the potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate or bake immediately, covered, at 350° for 40 minutes; uncover and bake 20 minutes longer. If potatoes are made ahead and refrigerated, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 262 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 21, 2018
This is requested for many family dinners...my niece that wouldn't eat mashed potatoes, eats these. Creamy with great flavor. I never have leftovers.
Dec 5, 2014
Delicious flavor, wonderful with gravy!
Apr 21, 2014
This recipe finds it's way to my table time after time!!
Apr 1, 2014
My family loves these potatoes! I make them often for holidays and it is so great to make them the night before and just heat the next day!
Nov 15, 2012
These potatoes are awesome. My family and I love them. I like that you can make them the day before and just heat in oven.
Nov 24, 2010
I've been making these delicious mashed potatoes for years. Not only are they yummy, but you are not mashing potatoes while your guests wait.
Nov 17, 2010
Super Good! Surprised how creamy they stayed being made ahead and put in the fridge. Omited the onion (due to family members not liking onion) and used garlic salt instead of regular table salt.
Feb 1, 2009
Can you Freeze these potatoes?
Nov 16, 2008
Recipe-Bot is Taste of Home's automated recipe poster- there is no live body there. Just in case you didn't know that...
Nov 16, 2008
I've made potatoes similer to these for several years and that's what I take to all the family get togethers. I add chives, cheddar cheese and garlic powder, no butter. they are great.................jc