Light Scalloped Potatoes
"Even with lighter ingredients like chicken bouillon and Parmesan cheese, this is a comforting potato dish," shares Tamie Foley of Thousand Oaks, California.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + standing
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups water
- 4 reduced-sodium chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place potatoes in a greased 2-qt. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray. In a small saucepan, heat the water, bouillon and garlic until bouillon is dissolved; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 175 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Light Scalloped Potatoes in Taste of Home April/May 1998
Oct 8, 2015
I cut the recipe in half and it still turned out really well. Nice crisp crust on the top layer of potatoes from the parm. I added some pepper and a no salt seasoning blend because it seemed a little bland.
Oct 29, 2013