Fast Scalloped Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Paprika, optional
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add the cheese, salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Place potatoes in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Top with cheese sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 423 calories, 20g fat (13g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 870mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein.
Mar 8, 2015
The whole family loved them.
Sep 15, 2011
I doubled the recipe when I made these potatoes and my husband and son loved them! Looking forward to making them again.
Aug 5, 2011
It does need longer to cook even in a convection oven. Also, I substituted 1/8 tsp of smoked paprika and put it right into the cheese sauce instead of on top.
May 17, 2011
These are really good. They need closer to an hour to cook though.
Apr 13, 2011
My family and friends loved this recipe.As to the mushroom soup. I say Yuck.It's perfect the way it is.
Jan 2, 2011
I have made these many times and love them. it is the perfect amount for my husband and I, as the kids don't care for this type of potatoes. I have doubled the recipe for company and leftovers. I used red potatoes tonight and the cooking time was perfect.
Nov 9, 2010
Excellent flavor! I've made this several times. It needs to cook for about 1 hr 20 min. though. I added diced ham to mine and sprinkled extra cheese on top last night and it made an excellent main-dish casserole.
Oct 16, 2010
My Husband's fav side is scalloped and he was impressed with these! Although I too half to agree it did take over an hour ...
Oct 7, 2010
Very good potatoes. I agree with the other comments and had to cook this for well over an hour.
Dec 25, 2009
The sauce that goes with this is very good. However I cut my potatoes as thin as I could manage and I had to cook it for over an hr. I uncovered it at 25 minutes and it had to go in for another 40.