Pan-Fried Scallops with White Wine Reduction
I learned the art of wine reduction from a cooking class...the flavor is fabulous! Despite the fancy title, pan-fried scallops are easy to prepare. —Katherine Robinson, Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds sea scallops
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- WHITE WINE REDUCTION:
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute scallops in oil until firm and opaque. Remove and keep warm.
- Add wine to the skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Stir in the orange juice, onion, oregano, mustard and garlic. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until reduced by half, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in butter until melted. Serve with scallops.