Special Scallops and Chicken
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add chicken and scallops in batches; shake to coat. In a large skillet, saute chicken and scallops in oil until lightly browned. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In the pan drippings, saute mushrooms and onion. Add wine or broth. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons. Combine cornstarch, cream and tarragon until blended; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon over chicken and scallops. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 421 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 355mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 38g protein.
Dec 13, 2011
Delicious! Served it several times to guests.Everyone loved it. The bay scallops are good but I used atlantic sea scallops, The best if your a scallop lover.
Aug 23, 2010
Fabulous! Even those who only like chicken were happy because browning the scallops before covering with sauce didn't make it 'fishy' tasting. i frequently make it when I need an impressive dinner but am not sure if my guests like seafood. The sauce is wonderful over veggies.
Jan 9, 2010
Nov 17, 2009
I switched up many of the ingredients and it still came out great. Used simple 3mix cheese and marsala wine made all the difference...YUM!
Nov 7, 2009
my family absolutely loved this! I made with light half&half and reduced fat Mozzarella chesse (we are not too fond of swiss) the SECOND time and no one noticed and again the raves!
Jan 15, 2009
We tried this the other night, everyone loved it! Can't wait to make it again
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.