Simple Herbed Scallops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 to 3/4 pound sea scallops
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley or 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh chives or 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place scallops in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Mix 2 tablespoons melted butter, lemon juice, herbs, garlic salt and pepper; drizzle over scallops.
- Mix bread crumbs with remaining melted butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, until scallops are firm and opaque, 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 260 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 754mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 17, 2019
Sounds great! Question, do you thaw scallops (and shrimp, if used) before baking or put in frozen?
Apr 30, 2017
This was a very flavorful and easy way to make scallops. I loved the texture of the breadcrumbs on top! I'll definitely make this recipe again.
Apr 13, 2017
Wow, this recipe has been republished several times, I see, so it must be a favorite with the editors and now I am a fan, too. Other reviewers added shrimp to the mix, so I followed their advice and did the same.. I did use the tarragon, used Panko style bread crumbs, and sprinkled just a bit of curry powder over the whole thing. I love the idea of getting a bit of a crusty top. This Volunteer Field Editor is happy to give this five stars.
Sep 3, 2013
Simple to make and full of flavor. Will be making this again soon!!
Apr 11, 2013
I omitted the tarragon but added frozen shrimp. This recipe is so simple and delicious. My entire family enjoys this and looks forward to having it again and again!
Dec 27, 2012
I added salad sized shrimp to this recipe and omitted the tarragon. Such a delicious recipe. I am looking forward to making it again!
Jan 17, 2010
These were very tasty and quick to make. The whole family enjoyed them.