Tangy Shrimp and Scallops
"Shrimp and scallops together make this a special dish for company," says Raleigh, North Carolina's Lauren Llewellyn. "I serve these appealing kabobs over pasta with a green salad and garlic bread."
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 28 uncooked large shrimp (1-1/2 pounds), peeled and deveined
- 28 sea scallops (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 7 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Place shrimp and scallops in a large resealable plastic bag; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and paprika. Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute or until butter is melted. Stir to blend; set aside 1/3 cup for basting. Pour remaining marinade over shrimp ans scallops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. Alternately thread shrimp and scallops on metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque, turning once and basting with reserved marinade.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Originally published as Tangy Shrimp and Scallops in Quick Cooking January/February 2002
Aug 29, 2015
Very good marinade recipe. I grilled as recommended, came out a little over cooked, but still delicious.
May 21, 2010
Thiis has become a summer favorite. Really easy but tastes like I fussed all day.