Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 3 medium green peppers, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 1/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add scallops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring 3 cups water to a boil. Add peppers; cover and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately place peppers in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the tomatoes, scallops and peppers.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until scallops are firm and opaque, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 238 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 624mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Nov 21, 2012
The marinade was a little bland. I think I would add some red pepper flakes or maybe ginger next time.
Mar 31, 2011
Not bad but felt the marinade was a bit bland and missing something.
Jul 1, 2009
Hello,Please click the "View this recipe now" link in the initial post. This is an automated post that takes comments from a recipe's detail page and adds them to the forum. The recipe in its entirity will not appear here, but rather on the page that you go to after clicking "View this recipe now."Take care,Erik
Jun 30, 2009
With no ingredients I guess it would be lower in fat, calories, carbs, sodium, etc.
Jun 30, 2009
Where are the ingredients?