Mini Chicken Kabobs
"I first tried these kabobs when my daughter-in-law made them for my granddaughter's birthday party," writes Norma Wells of Cookson, Oklahoma. "Full of soy sauce, ginger and pineapple flavors, these appetizers are popular when I serve them at get-togethers.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 5 min.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash each pepper, garlic powder and ground ginger
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, sugar, salt, pepper, garlic powder and ginger. Pour half of the marinade into a resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. For each kabob, thread a piece of chicken, green pepper and pineapple onto a wooden toothpick. Place kabobs on a microwave-safe plate. Add honey to the reserved marinate.
- Microwave kabobs on high for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning occasionally. Baste with reserved marinade during the last minute of cooking.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 41 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Mini Chicken Kabobs in Quick Cooking May/June 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.