Sausage Squash Kabobs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound small red potatoes, halved or quartered if desired
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 small yellow summer squash, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 small zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine potatoes and water. Cover and microwave on high until tender, 6-8 minutes; drain and set aside. For glaze, combine the honey, mustard and orange zest in a small bowl.
- On 8 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the sausage, potatoes, yellow squash and zucchini; brush with half of the glaze.
- On a lightly oiled grill rack, grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat until vegetables are tender and sausage is heated through, 10-16 minutes, basting frequently with glaze.
Nutrition Facts2 kabobs: 385 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1491mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Jul 11, 2019
These kabobs are delicious! I scaled the recipe down to make 2 servings, omitted the orange zest, used only zucchini as the veg, and made the kabobs on my stovetop grill pan. Lightly brushing the glaze on the last few minutes of cooking added just enough flavor without being overpowering. Just two simple ingredients - honey and Dijon mustard - made a tasty sauce that we think will be good as a salad dressing, too!