Sausage Squash Kabobs
Expect a crowd to gather around the grill when these flavorful kabobs are cooking. The zesty honey-mustard glaze gives a lovely sheen to the sausage and veggies. —Lisa Malynn Kent, North Richland Hills, Texas.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 pound smoked turkey kielbasa, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 small yellow summer squash, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 small zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine potatoes and water. Cover and microwave on high until tender, 6-8 minutes; drain and set aside. For glaze, combine the honey, mustard and orange zest in a small bowl.
- On 8 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the sausage, potatoes, yellow squash and zucchini; brush with half of the glaze.
- On a lightly oiled grill rack, grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat until vegetables are tender and sausage is heated through, 10-16 minutes, basting frequently with glaze.
Nutrition Facts2 kabobs: 385 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 1491mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Sausage Squash Kabobs in Light & Tasty December/January 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.