Baked Fish with Cheese Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place fish in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Brush with butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese and mustard until cheese is melted. Serve with fish.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 206 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 16, 2015
Very Good, And was quick and easy to make.
Jun 20, 2012
I made this for my son's girlfriend, who does not eat meat, and she loved it! I loved it, too. The fish was moist and delicious and the cheese sauce was great1
Sep 18, 2011
Yummy. I made it with snapper because that's what I had.
Oct 13, 2010
This is an excellent recipe. I ran out of bread crumbs so I smashed up goldfish crackers, the cheddar taste was an excellent edition.
Sep 30, 2010
Easy, fast, and tasty. Perfect for a mid-week supper.