Baked Ziti with Cheese
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) ziti or small tube pasta
- 2 cartons (10 ounces each) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-3/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook ziti according to package directions; drain and return to the pan. Stir in Alfredo sauce and sour cream. Spoon half into a lightly greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese and parsley; spread over pasta. Top with remaining pasta mixture; sprinkle with mozzarella and remaining Parmesan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 667 calories, 39g fat (20g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 1037mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 18, 2018
This is a very good casserole. It is one my family enjoys immensely when I prepare it.I used 2 c. of mozzarella cheese instead of the 1-3/4 cups as called for in the recipe.
Dec 24, 2017
This recipe is a good starting point but really has some holes in it as the reviews point out. The sauce is way to much for the pasta quantity and it lacks creativity. I only used 1 jar of Alfredo. I also added lots of chopped spinach and some italian sausage. To build the flavor I also added roasted garlic, basil and cracked pepper.
May 1, 2017
Very good, but it needed more spices for my taste, so I used a garlic parmesan Alfredo sauce, all ricotta (no sour cream), and I mixed the middle ricotta-egg layer with two cups of minced, sauteed onions and minced sauteed red and green sweet peppers. Made this for a baby shower yesterday and everyone raved about it - there wasn't a bite left! I'll be making this again, with the changes I noted.
Sep 30, 2016
Good thing I halved the recipe!! I thought it tasted great; DH didn't. I substituted a white sauce for the alfredo since he doesn't like it, and used dried parsley.
Sep 22, 2016
This was a pretty good recipe that I will use as a jumping off point. The dish was good, but it definitely lacked in some areas. We think that it could have benefited from some vegetables (maybe some broccoli and chopped sweet red peppers) to offset the taste and bring an extra texture to the dish. I also feel like it could have used some garlic. Next time we may also throw in some meatballs or chicken. I didn't have any problems making it, it was very easy. Instead of the Alfredo sauce though, I used a creamy basil pesto sauce. I think that actually added something extra to the dish. Next time I'll try just the Alfredo sauce so I can see how it would originally taste. We will try this again, with some added tweaks.
Aug 1, 2015
Made this twice now. 2nd time I added chicken and broccoli, and it was much better! Easy recipe to make!
Jun 26, 2014
We all thought this was a very good recipe. I also added chicken, broccoli & extra alfredo.
Nov 22, 2013
I added diced ham and used gluten free noodles to make the dish gluten free. I recommend using gluten free noodles that are a blend of 2-3 flours.
Sep 24, 2013
Delicious recipe! I used fat free ricotta, low-fat sour cream, and part skim mozzarella and it was rich and cheesy. Next time I'm going to add chicken and roasted red peppers :)
Jul 16, 2013
I have made this dish several times in the last few months and it's just as popular every time. I use a homemade alfredo sauce, and always half the recipe with great results.