Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 3 cups uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1-3/4 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, egg, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Drain pasta; stir into cheese mixture.
- In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, spread 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce. Top with pasta mixture, remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake until a thermometer reads 160°, 5-10 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 289 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 616mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Apr 23, 2020
I didn't have ziti so I used penne. Good, easy to put together on a weeknight, as if every night isn't the same during the Covid-19 lockdown. It was a tad bland but that probably was the fault of the pasta sauce I had on hand. The 3 pack of Classico sauce I got at Sam's is a little meh... I would make again with a different sauce.
Apr 14, 2020
This is a really good recipe. The only thing I did different, was to use a whole 24 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce and 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese. It would have been way too dry if I had not used the whole jar of sauce. Very easy and quick to make!
Apr 13, 2020
This was very dry. To warm it up the next day I added the entire rest of the jar of sauce plus 1/2 tsp Italian seasonings and warmed it in a pan on the stove. Much better but probably won’t make again.
Jan 4, 2020
I wanted to eat sooner than 60 minutes. So boiled pasta, drained it, put in the sauce, stirred in some shredded cheese (Italian mix) and used Ricotta instead of Cottage Cheese. Warmed over low heat, stirring to mix. Served in 15 minutes with extra cheese on top. Not dry, tasty and quick.
Aug 29, 2019
Made this recipe exact with the exception of adding more sauce, per reviews. Glad I did, should have also added more spices. A simple recipe with basic on hand ingredients. Will be easy to add additional ingredients and herbs to create a recipe to family's tastes. Thanks Chairity
May 31, 2019
It was good but dry
Feb 23, 2019
This recipe has become a family staple ever since I discovered it in a Taste of Home magazine many years ago. Everyone loves it. The only change I made is I use a whole jar of sauce...otherwise the pasta tends to be dry. .
Nov 25, 2018
This was very easy and delicious!
Jun 10, 2018
This was pretty good but I felt like it was missing something. I used a regular marinara sauce, so maybe that's why. Next time I will buy a better sauce, something with more spices and maybe some veggies. I used fat free cottage cheese and it tasted fine to me. I also added in some yellow bell pepper and onion I had chopped up and sauteed together beforehand. I had some ground sweet Italian sausage leftover from a previous dinner, so I added that in as well. I feel like this could easily be a 5-star recipe with some more tweaks. I'd make this again.
Oct 26, 2016
Added italian sausage and used riccotta cheese in place of the cottage cheese . Will be making again