Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 3 cups uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 1-3/4 cups meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, egg, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Drain pasta; stir into cheese mixture.
- In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, spread 1/4 cup spaghetti sauce. Top with pasta mixture, remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 289 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 616mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Jun 10, 2018
This was pretty good but I felt like it was missing something. I used a regular marinara sauce, so maybe that's why. Next time I will buy a better sauce, something with more spices and maybe some veggies. I used fat free cottage cheese and it tasted fine to me. I also added in some yellow bell pepper and onion I had chopped up and sauteed together beforehand. I had some ground sweet Italian sausage leftover from a previous dinner, so I added that in as well. I feel like this could easily be a 5-star recipe with some more tweaks. I'd make this again.
Oct 26, 2016
Added italian sausage and used riccotta cheese in place of the cottage cheese . Will be making again
Feb 7, 2014
This is like combining spaghetti, lasagna and pizza into one mouthwatering dish! I needed to make dinner for 6 teenagers so I added an extra cup of cottage cheese, a box of frozen spinach and pepperoni to extend the dish to a 11x9 dish. It got rave reviews and the dish was complete eaten. Adults and teens alike will like this dish!
Dec 28, 2013
I made this for family and friends for the time and everyone loved it! I will definitely use this recipe again. I did change it up a little bit ...I used 16 oz of cottage cheese, a 2 cup bag of cheese, 26 oz of sauce in the mixture and an 8 oz can was used for the bottom of the pan and poured on top before going in the oven. Also, I added 2 chicken breasts that I sliced up (just small enough to cook it faster) and sautéed it using Adobo w/ pepper by GOYA (or your favorite all season salt) & avocado oil (or olive oil). Finally, I chopped up the chicken and some sliced ham and added it to the mixture.
Dec 4, 2013
I really loved this recipe. It was quick and easy. I did, however, substitute the hamburger for Italian Pork Sausage for different flavor.
Aug 24, 2013
Excellent Recipe, easy to make, our family including little one love it.
Jan 27, 2013
My family absolutely loved this recipe!!!! And it was so easy to fix! The only change I made to this recipe was that I put it in a 9-inch baking dish; instead of, an 8-inch. I served the Baked Ziti with fried chicken tenders. Delicious!!!!
Dec 29, 2012
This is a great recipe--quick and easy to assemble. I made this a few days ago and everyone liked it. The only change i made was that I made my own sauce instead of using jarred sauce. Came out wonderful and the kids even reheated the leftovers later that day.
Mar 5, 2012
Wonderful. Defiantly a keeper. Added sausage and a pinch of red pepper flake.
Jan 31, 2012
I made this recipe tonight and my family loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.