Baked Ziti Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) ziti or small tube pasta
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 jar (28 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the egg, ricotta and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with a third of the pasta, half of the ricotta mixture, 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and 1 cup sauce. Repeat layers of pasta, ricotta mixture and mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Top with remaining pasta, sauce mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 284 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 508mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Sep 20, 2015
I followed the recipe exactly, but my family didn't like it at all. I wound up throwing it out.
Apr 26, 2015
So easy and good too. After I read some reviews that said it was a little dry I used a 12 oz box of pasta instead of the 16 oz so the sauce would go farther. I also added an 8 oz can of tomato sauce to make a little more sauce. Since I made less pasta I used an 8 x 11 pan, it was just the right size. I think this would make six generous servings using the 12 oz pasta, maybe would serve a couple more.
Sep 26, 2014
Delicious and a double recipe makes two 13x9s pans full - great for a crowd!
Jan 4, 2014
We enjoyed the recipe, but would probably add more cheese amongst the layers for next time. We like when it sticks together. I agree with the comment that the high quality sauces make a difference too.
May 17, 2013
my husband and son liked this. Next time I make it I will double the sauce, it seemed dry to me.
Jun 4, 2012
Love this recipe.I did add some minced garlic for more flavor and it turned out delicious.This one is a keeper.
Mar 5, 2012
great and easy
Jul 15, 2011
LOVE this ziti. everyone alway requests it. reminds me a lot of sbarro's ziti (which is may favorite) was so excited when i found this one. been making it for years now. simple, easy and feeds a lot of hungry people.
Jul 25, 2009
Our family really liked this, and I will make it again since it is so economical! Made some frozen breadsticks as a side. Really good!
Jan 12, 2008
This was so bland, it was really not even what I would consider good